kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] New committers over past several months
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2017 05:00:26 GMT
Hi Kudu community,

I'm pleased to announce that the Kudu PMC has voted to add Andrew Wong,
Grant Henke, and Hao Hao as Kudu committers and PMC members. This
announcement is a bit delayed, but I figured it's better late than never!

Andrew has contributed to Kudu in a bunch of areas. Most notably, he
authored a bunch of optimizations for predicate evaluation on the read
path, and recently has led the effort to introduce better tolerance of disk
failures within the tablet server. In addition to code, Andrew has been a
big help with questions on the user mailing list, Slack, and elsewhere.

Grant's contributions have spanned several areas. Notably, he made a bunch
of improvements to our Java and Scala builds -- an area where others might
be shy. He also implemented checksum verification for data blocks and has
begun working on a design for DECIMAL, one of the most highly-requested
features.

Hao has also been contributing to Kudu for quite some time. Her notable
contributions include improved fault tolerance for the Java client, fixes
and optimizations on the Spark integration, and some important refactorings
and performance optimizations in the block layer. Hao has also represented
the community by giving talks about Kudu at a conference in China.

Please join me in congratulating the new committers and PMC members!

-Todd