kudu-user mailing list archives

From Mauricio Aristizabal <mauri...@impactradius.com>
Subject Time-travel reads via SQL query
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 01:02:44 GMT
Hi all, has there been any talk of supporting this any time soon?

Time travel reads are such a cool feature, but even more than in ETL jobs
(via Java/Scala), they would be most useful via SQL to ensure consistency
when reading.

Specifically, for example our spark streaming job updates dozens of
aggregation tables every 30 seconds.  To make the data fully consistent we
would love to have views over these aggs tagged with the exact timestamp we
want to expose.  When each batch is done and all tables updated, we would
update all the views forward, effectively hiding the updates we're doing
until they're all ready.

-m

--
*MAURICIO ARISTIZABAL*
Architect - Business Intelligence + Data Science

Overview <http://www.impactradius.com/?src=slsap> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/impactradius> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Impact-Radius/153376411365183> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/impact-radius-inc->