kudu-user mailing list archives

From Janne Keskitalo <janne.keskit...@paf.com>
Subject Kudu background tasks
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 08:16:39 GMT
Hi

Our Kudu test environment got unresponsive yesterday for unknown reason. It
has three tablet servers and one master. It's running in AWS on quite small
host machines, so maybe some node ran out of memory or something. It has
happened before with this setup. Anyway, after we restarted kudu service,
we couldn't do any selects. From the tablet server UI I could see it was
initializing and bootstrapping tablets. It took many hours until all
tablets were in RUNNING-state.

My question is where can I find information about these background
operations? I want to understand what happens in situations when some node
is offline and then comes back up after a while. What is tablet
initialization and bootstrapping, etc.

--
Br.
Janne Keskitalo,