kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move Slack discussions to ASF official slack?
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 23:22:52 GMT
On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Misty Stanley-Jones <misty@apache.org>
wrote:

> 1.  I have no idea, but you could enable the @all at-mention in the
> eisting #kudu-general and let people know that way. Also see my next answer.

Fair enough.

> 2.  It looks like if you have an apache.org email address you don't need
> an invite, but otherwise an existing member needs to invite you. If you can
> somehow get all the member email addresses, you can invite them all at once
> as a comma-separated list.

I'm not sure if that's doable but potentially.

I'm concerned though if we don't have auto-invite for arbitrary community
members who just come by a link from our website. A good portion of our
traffic is users, rather than developers, and by-and-large they don't have
apache.org addresses. If we closed the Slack off to them I think we'd lose
a lot of the benefit.