kudu-user mailing list archives

From "helifu" <hzhel...@corp.netease.com>
Subject 答复: How kudu synchronize real-time records?
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 03:29:21 GMT
Hi,

Now the read/write operations are limited to the master replica(record1 on node1), and the
copy replica(record1 on node2/node3) can't be read/write by clients directly.

何李夫
2017-04-10 11:24:24

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: user-return-1100-hzhelifu=corp.netease.com@kudu.apache.org [mailto:user-return-1100-hzhelifu=corp.netease.com@kudu.apache.org]
代表 ??
发送时间: 2017年10月26日 10:43
收件人: user@kudu.apache.org
主题: How kudu synchronize real-time records?

Hi!

I read from documents saying 'once kudu receives records from client it write those records
into WAL (also does replica)'

And i wonder it can be different time when load those records from WAL in each node.
So let's say node1 load record1 from WAL at t1, node2 t2, node3 t3 (t1 < t2 < t3) then
reading client attached node1 can see record but other reading clients attached not node1(node2,
node3) have possibilities missing record1.

I think that does not happens in kudu, and i wonder how kudu synchronize real time data.

Thanks!