kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Table size is not decreasing after large amount of rows deleted.
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 19:37:21 GMT
Mike can correct me if wrong, but I think the background task in 1.3 is
only responsible for removing old deltas, and doesn't do anything to try to
trigger compactions on rowsets with a high percentage of deleted _rows_.

That's a separate bit of work that hasn't been started yet.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera