kudu-user mailing list archives

From David Alves <davidral...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kudu Table Design Question
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 17:50:16 GMT
The suggestion of 20-30 per tablet is more about the number of available
cores than the size of the data.
Tools like impala derive parallelism from the number of tablets thus having
that count adjusted (but not necessarily equal to) to the core count gives
you a good performance tradeoff.
Of course this is not a hard limit, the tablet server should be able
anything up to 100 reasonably well depending on your hardware.

HTH
-david