kudu-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark 2.1 and Hive Metastore
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2017 20:36:51 GMT
Dan,

Yes, you’re correct. I sent it to the wrong users’ group.

Thanks,
Ben

> On Apr 9, 2017, at 1:21 PM, Dan Burkert <danburkert@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> Was this meant for the Spark user list, or is there something specific to the Spark/Kudu
integration you are asking about?

> - Dan
>
> On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 11:13 AM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> I’m curious about if and when Spark SQL will ever remove its dependency on Hive Metastore.
Now that Spark 2.1’s SparkSession has superseded the need for HiveContext, are there plans
for Spark to no longer use the Hive Metastore service with a “SparkSchema” service with
a PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc. DB backend? Hive is growing long in the tooth, and it would be nice
to retire it someday.