kudu-user mailing list archives

From Dan Burkert <danburk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I have a question about KUDU Disk.
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 16:25:45 GMT
Hi Jinsu,

There is no limit quota functionality in Kudu, per se, but we do have a
flag that configures
Kudu to stop using a data directory after the disk has less than a set
number of bytes free:

-fs_data_dirs_reserved_bytes (Number of bytes to reserve on each data
      directory filesystem for non-Kudu usage. The default, which is
      represented by -1, is that 1% of the disk space on each disk will be
      reserved. Any other value specified represents the number of bytes
      reserved and must be greater than or equal to 0. Explicit percentages
      reserve are not currently supported) type: int64 default: -1

This has been available since Kudu 0.10.  There's also a corresponding flag
to control WAL reserved bytes.

- Dan