kudu-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to reuse tablet server UUID, or removing old one
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:48:05 GMT
Hi Alexandre,

Tablet replicas are not tied to a UUID, so removing or reusing one wouldn't
achieve what you want. The main thing missing here is that Kudu doesn't do
tablet re-balancing at runtime, so tabletserver5 will get tablets the next
time a node dies or if you create new tables.

Obviously that's something we'd like to address but nobody has come around
to doing it so far.

Sincèrement,

J-D