Also, we've been discussing with a couple of Impala contributors about whether these docs should continue to live in the Kudu project long term. It seems a bit redundant for us to try to document Impala, rather than just linking to the Impala docs.

You can find some docs on using Impala with Kudu here: https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/impala_kudu.html
(sorry to link to a vendor doc site -- Impala's still in the process of incubation, and part of that involves moving more of the documentation upstream)

Thanks
-Todd