kudu-user mailing list archives

From Rotem Gabay <rotemgaba...@gmail.com>
Subject performance issue involving "insert as select"
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 19:25:15 GMT
Hi, I have  a small cluster on which I tried to run some performance tests
on kudu, In order to populate some data I have made simple "insert as
select" from simple HDFS table that took 10 minutes to finish. I then tried
to duplicate the same data by doing another insert as select from the kudu
table to itself ( insert into kudu_tbl select * from kudu_tbl), this insert
took more then 2 hours to complete. Is there ant reasonable explaination ?
(of course I'm running under lab conditions , which means those are the
only queries running in my env).

Regards,
Rotem