kudu-user mailing list archives

From Adar Dembo <a...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: getting started with kudu
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 21:41:10 GMT
Rotem,

As Dinesh said, our existing installation script is unlikely to work
on Windows as-is. But, you're welcome to manually install the
quickstart VM; you'll just need to do more work around networking. The
URL for the VM is:
http://cloudera-kudu-beta.s3.amazonaws.com/cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-kudu-virtualbox.ova.

Once you've downloaded it, you'll need to use the virtualbox UI (or
whatever virtualbox command line scripting there is on Windows) to set
up networking. See the link Dinesh provided, paying close attention to
the lines starting with VBoxManage. I've personally never done that;
hopefully you're able to figure it out.

If you do manage to get it working, please post back with your findings!