kudu-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Birdsell <jtbirds...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kudu Cloudera with Python (Notebook)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 17:40:50 GMT
Hey Frank,

We don't currently have the python package in conda, this is likely
something that will be considered as the package stabilizes (next release).
Since you installed via a parcel, you will still need to make sure you
install the C++ client libraries since the Python client wraps the C++
one.  See http://kudu.apache.org/docs/installation.html#install_packages for
instructions on how to install from an rpm/deb.  In particular I believe
you need kudu-client0 and kudu-client-devel.  If youre unable to get to
that repo, being air gapped, I think your only choice is to pull the source
for your respective version and build (although that will introduce more
external dependencies).

Also, the python client requires the following packages, if youre not pip
installing, you will need to also make sure these are installed:

cython >= 0.21
setuptools >= 0.8
six
pytz