kudu-user mailing list archives

From "Weber, Richard" <riwe...@akamai.com>
Subject Good way to find "Real" size of the tables
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 14:26:39 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out the right/best/easiest way to find out how much space that a given
table is taking up on the various tablet servers.  I'm looking really at finding:
* Physical space taken on all disks
* Logical space taken on all disks
* Sizing of Indices/Bloom Filters, etc.
* Sizing with and without replication.

I'm trying to run an apples vs apples comparison of how big data is when stored in Kudu compared
to storing it in it's native format (Gzipped CSV) as well as in Parquet format on HDFS.  Ultimately,
I'd like to be able to do reporting on the different tables to say Table X is taking up Y
Tb, where Y consists of A physical size, B Index, C Bloom, etc.

Looking through the Web UI I don't really see any good summary of how much space the entire
table is taking.  It seems like I'd need to walk through each Tablet server, connect to the
metrics page and generate the summary information myself.

Am I overlooking something?

--Rick Weber
riweber@akamai.com