kudu-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Dasch <jeff_da...@yahoo.com>
Subject WAL drive selection
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 21:17:24 GMT
 blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important;
padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Hi,
I apologize if this has been previously answered, i haven't figured out how to search the
list effectively yet.
Does putting the WAL on a separate SSD improve write latency, write throughput, or both?  If
I'm only interested in throughput, would a SAS drive be sufficient?
Are there any benchmarks showing shared vs dedicated drive vs dedicated SSD?
Also, I assume a small 100GB drive would be an adequate size for the WAL?
Thanks!-Jeff