kudu-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kudu Command Line Client
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2016 00:01:08 GMT
Todd,

I’m trying to use:

kudu table list

I get:

Invalid argument: must provide master_addresses

I do the help:

Usage: /opt/cloudera/parcels/KUDU-1.0.0-1.kudu1.0.0.p0.6/bin/../lib/kudu/bin/kudu <command>
[<args>]

<command> can be one of the following:
         cluster   Operate on a Kudu cluster
              fs   Operate on a local Kudu filesystem
   local_replica   Operate on local Kudu replicas via the local filesystem
          master   Operate on a Kudu Master
             pbc   Operate on PBC (protobuf container) files
  remote_replica   Operate on replicas on a Kudu Tablet Server
           table   Operate on Kudu tables
          tablet   Operate on remote Kudu tablets
         tserver   Operate on a Kudu Tablet Server
             wal   Operate on WAL (write-ahead log) files

I don’t see how to add the master_addresses.

Thanks,
Ben

> On Oct 7, 2016, at 4:13 PM, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Ben,
>
> Which command are you using? try adding --help, and it should give you a usage statement.
>
> -Todd
>
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Benjamin Kim <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Does anyone know how to use the new Kudu command line client? It used to be kudu-admin,
but that is no more. I keep being asked for the master_addresses. I tried different combinations
to no avail. Can someone direct me to the documentation for it?