kudu-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Bhat <din...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Two new Kudu committer/PMC members
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 00:59:03 GMT
Awesome job Alexey/Will, congrats !

> On Sep 12, 2016, at 3:55 PM, Todd Lipcon <todd@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Kudu community,
>
> It's my great pleasure to announce that the PMC has voted to add both Alexey Serbin and
Will Berkeley as committers and PMC members.

> Alexey has been contributing for a few months, including developing some pretty meaty
(and tricky) additions. Two of note are the addition of doxygen for our client APIs, as well
as the implementation of AUTO_FLUSH_BACKGROUND in C++. He has also been quite active in reviews
recently, having reviewed 40+ patches in the last couple months. He also contributed by testing
and voting on the recent 0.10 release.

> Will has been a great contributor as well, spending a lot of time in areas that don't
get as much love from others. In particular, he's made several fixes to the web UIs, has greatly
improved the Flume integration, and has been burning down a lot of long-standing bugs recently.
Will also spends a lot of his time outside of Kudu working with users and always has good
input on what our user community will think of a feature. Like Alexey, Will also participated
in the 0.10 release process.

> Both of these community members have already been "acting the part" through their contributions
detailed above, and the PMC is excited to continue working with them in their expanded roles.