kudu-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kudu 1.0.0 release
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 18:11:26 GMT
I tried installing using Cloudera Manager and noticed that the documentation doesn’t state
the URL to enter in the Parcel Settings. So, I just re-used the old one for the beta, but
there is an annoying reminder that Kudu is still beta. Is there a new parcel URL that is not
for the beta?

Thanks,
Ben

> On Sep 20, 2016, at 11:23 PM, Matteo Durighetto <m.durighetto@miriade.it> wrote:

> The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the release of Kudu 1.0.0!
>
> Kudu is an open source storage engine for structured data which supports low-latency
random access together with efficient analytical access patterns. It is designed within the
context of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem and supports many integrations with other data analytics
projects both inside and outside of the Apache Software Foundation.

> This latest version adds several new features, including:
>
> - Removal of multiversion concurrency control (MVCC) history is now supported. This allows
Kudu to reclaim disk space, where previously Kudu would keep a full history of all changes
made to a given table since the beginning of time.

> - Most of Kudu’s command line tools have been consolidated under a new top-level "kudu"
tool. This reduces the number of large binaries distributed with Kudu and also includes much-improved
help output.

> - Administrative tools including "kudu cluster ksck" now support running against multi-master
Kudu clusters.

> - The C++ client API now supports writing data in AUTO_FLUSH_BACKGROUND mode. This can
provide higher throughput for ingest workloads.

> This release also includes many bug fixes, optimizations, and other improvements, detailed
in the release notes available at:
> http://kudu.apache.org/releases/1.0.0/docs/release_notes.html <http://kudu.apache.org/releases/1.0.0/docs/release_notes.html>
>
> Download the source release here:
> http://kudu.apache.org/releases/1.0.0/ <http://kudu.apache.org/releases/1.0.0/>
>
> Convenience binary artifacts for the Java client and various Java integrations (eg Spark,
Flume) are also now available via the ASF Maven repository.