kudu-user mailing list archives

From Roberta Marton <roberta.mar...@esgyn.com>
Subject Kudu installation
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 20:25:04 GMT
I am installing apache kudu to try it out.

The installation instructions state the following:

Apache Kudu has tight integration with Apache Impala (incubating), allowing
you to use Impala to insert, query, update, and delete data from Kudu
tablets using Impala's SQL syntax, as an alternative to using the Kudu APIs
to build a custom Kudu application. In addition, you can use JDBC or ODBC
to connect existing or new applications written in any language, framework,
or business intelligence tool to your Kudu data, using Impala as the broker.

This integration relies on features that released versions of Impala do not
have yet, as of Impala 2.3, which is expected to ship in CDH 5.5. In the
interim, you need to install a fork of Impala, which this document will
refer to as *Impala_Kudu*.

I have CDH 5.7 installed, does it contain the necessary changes for Impala
or do I still need to download impala-kudu.

Also, do you have any example on how to use c++ api?

   Thanks

    Roberta