kudu-user mailing list archives

From "Ajai Omtri" <ajai.om...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: DROP Table in KUDU
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 11:14:31 GMT
Thank you. Was able to delete it by below command:

kudu-admin -master_addresses <Kudu-Master-hostname> delete_table <table-name>

Wondering is this an expected behavior that regular impala and the Kudu Impala are not in
sync?

From: Darren Hoo [mailto:darren.hoo@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:13 PM
To: user@kudu.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: DROP Table in KUDU

Hi,

you can use kudu-admin to delete tables in kudu then try create again in impala.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Ajai Omtri <ajai.omtri@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have create a table in KUDU Impala session and then dropped that table from the regular
Impala session.

Now when I say “show tables” I don’t see the table in both the sessions but I can’t
re-create the table as KUDU thinks the table still exists. Any idea how to fix this please?

I also see the table present in the KUDU webUI.

Below is the error message that I get from KUDU – Impala session:

Table “XXX” already exists in Kudu master xxxxxx:7051

Thanks,

Ajai Omtri