kudu-user mailing list archives

From "Chris George" <Christopher.Geo...@rms.com>
Subject Re: best practices to remove/retire data
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 15:32:38 GMT
How hard would a predicate based delete be?
Ie ScanDelete or something.
-Chris George

On 5/12/16, 9:24 AM, "Jean-Daniel Cryans" <jdcryans@apache.org<mailto:jdcryans@apache.org>>
wrote:

Hi,

Right now this use case is more difficult than it needs to be. In your previous thread, "Partition
and Split rows", we talked about non-covering range partition and this is something that would
help your use case a lot. Basically, you could create partitions that cover full days, and
everyday you could delete the old partitions while creating the next day's. Deleting a partition
is really quick and efficient compared to manually deleting individual rows.

Until this is available I'd do this with multiple table, but it's a mess to handle as you
described.

Hope this helps,

J-D

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Sand Stone <sand.m.stone@gmail.com<mailto:sand.m.stone@gmail.com>>