kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Encryption
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 22:25:11 GMT
On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Jordan Birdsell <
jordan.birdsell.kdvm@statefarm.com> wrote:

> Thanks Todd.  From a roadmap perspective, do think this will be the
> recommended way of enabling encryption for Kudu or should a design be put
> together for something more integrated with Kudu itself?

I think for the short term it's the best recommendation.

I do think there would be some value in a "built-in" encryption feature,
for example in order to support things like different encryption keys per
column or per table, etc. It's just a matter of prioritization and the
number of people working on Kudu. If you think the dm-crypt solution isn't
sufficient for your needs, would be great to have some contributions in
this area.

-Todd