It would be nice to adhere to the SQL:2003 standard for an “upsert” if it were to be implemented.

MERGE INTO table_name USING table_reference ON (condition)
 WHEN MATCHED THEN
 UPDATE SET column1 = value1 [, column2 = value2 ...]
 WHEN NOT MATCHED THEN
 INSERT (column1 [, column2 ...]) VALUES (value1 [, value2 …])

Cheers,
Ben