kudu-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spark on Kudu
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2016 21:00:10 GMT
Ha first time I'm hearing about SMACK. Inside Cloudera we like to refer to
"Impala + Kudu" as Kimpala, but yeah it's not as sexy. My colleagues who
were also there did say that the hype around Spark isn't dying down.

There's definitely an overlap in the use cases that Cassandra, HBase, and
Kudu cater to. I wouldn't go as far as saying that C* is just an interim
solution for the use case you describe.

Nothing significant happened in Kudu over the past month, it's a storage
engine so things move slowly *smile*. I'd love to see more contributions on
the Spark front. I know there's code out there that could be integrated in
kudu-spark, it just needs to land in gerrit. I'm sure folks will happily
review it.

Do you have relevant experiences you can share? I'd love to learn more
about the use cases for which you envision using Kudu as a C* replacement.

Thanks,

J-D