kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: where is kudu's dump core located?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 00:23:44 GMT
On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Darren Hoo <darren.hoo@gmail.com> wrote:

> kudu constantly crashes after running serveral hours.

Do you have anything in your logs? /var/log/kudu/kudu-tserver.WARNING for
example? or .INFO? The last few lines should be informative as to what is
causing it to crash.

> So I've enabled dumping core in cloudera manager, but where is it located?

It should be located in the same directory as the logs, by default. I think
it can be configured, but I'd check there first.

> every time some of the tablet servers crash, partial of the data is lost,
> this is so scary.

That's very surprising. A crash of a server should never lose data. How are
you determining that data is lost? We do extensive testing with crashing
servers and have not seen data loss in probably a year or so.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera