kudu-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Birdsell <jordan.birdsell.k...@statefarm.com>
Subject RE: Weekly update 4/25
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 15:04:36 GMT
Correct.  As for the “latest version”, if a row is deleted in the latest version then removing
the old versions where it existed is exactly what we’re looking to do.  Basically, we need
a way to physically get rid of select rows (or data within a column for that matter) and all
versions of that row or column data.

From: Jean-Daniel Cryans [mailto:jdcryans@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 10:56 AM
To: user@kudu.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Weekly update 4/25

Hi Jordan,

In other words, you'd like to tag specific rows to be excluded from the default data history
retention?

Also, keep in mind that this improvement is about removing old versions of the data, it will
not delete the latest version. If you are used to HBase, it's like specifying some TTL plus
MIN_VERSIONS=1 so it doesn't completely age out a row.

Hope this helps,

J-D

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:29 AM, Jordan Birdsell <jordan.birdsell.kdvm@statefarm.com<mailto:jordan.birdsell.kdvm@statefarm.com>>