kudu-user mailing list archives

From Jordan Birdsell <jordan.birdsell.k...@statefarm.com>
Subject RE: Weekly update 4/25
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 11:29:39 GMT
Hi,

Regarding row GC,  I see in the design document that the tablet history max age will be set
at the table level, would it be possible to make this something that can be overridden for
specific transactions?  We have some use cases that would require accelerated removal of data
from disk and other use cases that would not have the same requirement. Unfortunately, these
different use cases apply, often times, to the same tables.

Thanks,
Jordan Birdsell

From: Todd Lipcon [mailto:todd@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 1:54 PM
To: dev@kudu.incubator.apache.org; user@kudu.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Weekly update 4/25

Hey Kudu-ers,

For the last month and a half, I've been posting weekly summaries of community development
activity on the Kudu blog. In case you aren't on twitter or slack you might not have seen
the posts, so I'm going to start emailing them to the list as well.

Here's this week's update:
http://getkudu.io/2016/04/25/weekly-update.html

Feel free to reply to this mail if you have any questions or would like to get involved in
development.

-Todd