kudu-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Version of Protobuf in the Java client
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 16:01:35 GMT
My memory is a little fuzzy on why we require 2.6.1 specifically, the "it
needs to be the exact version" language came with this commit from Julien
without comments:
https://github.com/cloudera/kudu/commit/88a99036dda648f1ddbe7e17098de523994c0631

The move up to that version happened in:
https://github.com/cloudera/kudu/commit/d92077ae93f095ff686d0dc7977712f4b55da0a0

The latter commit explains how we use shading so that having other protobuf
versions on the classpath won't break the Java client.

Hope this helps,

J-D