kudu-user mailing list archives

From Nick Wolf <nickwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: in clause issue
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 18:50:39 GMT
Hi David, Todd

Fix seems to be unstable. Impala-server keeps crashing with following
errors.

E0210 01:23:49.244369 16187 ImpaladCatalog.java:134] Error adding catalog
object: null
Java exception follows:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.addTable(ImpaladCatalog.java:350)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.addCatalogObject(ImpaladCatalog.java:246)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.updateCatalog(ImpaladCatalog.java:132)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.service.Frontend.updateCatalogCache(Frontend.java:217)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.service.JniFrontend.updateCatalogCache(JniFrontend.java:163)
E0210 01:23:49.270232 16187 ImpaladCatalog.java:134] Error adding catalog
object: null
Java exception follows:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.addTable(ImpaladCatalog.java:350)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.addCatalogObject(ImpaladCatalog.java:246)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.catalog.ImpaladCatalog.updateCatalog(ImpaladCatalog.java:132)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.service.Frontend.updateCatalogCache(Frontend.java:217)
        at
com.cloudera.impala.service.JniFrontend.updateCatalogCache(JniFrontend.java:163)
F0210 01:35:26.556763 18613 kudu-scanner.cc:251] Check failed:
slot.is_nullable()
*** Check failure stack trace: ***
    @          0x20b2dbd  (unknown)
    @          0x20b4c45  (unknown)
    @          0x20b2913  (unknown)
    @          0x20b559e  (unknown)
    @          0x16c3079  (unknown)
    @          0x16c3582  (unknown)
    @          0x16c2d78  (unknown)
    @          0x16c1d3d  (unknown)
    @          0x167681a  (unknown)
    @          0x167ae8a  (unknown)
    @          0x167acbe  (unknown)
    @          0x167a797  (unknown)
    @          0x167a411  (unknown)
    @          0x121d73c  (unknown)
    @          0x1422f03  (unknown)
    @          0x142c15f  (unknown)
    @          0x142c0a9  (unknown)
    @          0x142c06e  (unknown)
    @     0x7f9c16ae1a4a  (unknown)
    @     0x7f9c15f8e182  start_thread
    @     0x7f9c13c3647d  (unknown)

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Todd Lipcon <todd@cloudera.com> wrote:

> [off-list]
>
> Glad to hear you got it built. Was curious to hear a bit about your use
> case. Are you running Kudu now for a production use case? Or doing some
> early experimentation? Just curious to hear what our users are doing with
> the software, and if there are any things that you think we should be
> focusing on as we move forward.
>
> -Todd
>
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Nick Wolf <nickwolf7@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Fix is working like charm. Thanks for your support. Hoping for 0.7.0
>> release which has other fixes.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Nick Wolf <nickwolf7@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> strip reduced the file size to 40MB.

If this is not