kudu-user mailing list archives

From Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue using Nullable fields with Java Client
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 17:38:46 GMT
Hi all,

I have used a C++ program to populate Kudu tables, and set the "Not Null"
flag accordingly. I have verified this using the kudu-client dump table
option available, but when using the Java client, I can not get the resutls
because it always throws an IllegalArgumentException("The requested column
(" + columnIndex + ") is null");
I have looked through the ResultSet java code[1], and it seems somehow
fishy because if the column has been set to be nullable, and you are seeing
a null value, why would throw an exception all times? Or is there anything
obvious that I might have overlooked? Or do I need to encode the NULL
values of my data in a different way for now?
Thanks!

Renato M.

[1]
https://github.com/cloudera/kudu/blob/master/java/kudu-client/src/main/java/org/kududb/client/RowResult.java#L238