kudu-user mailing list archives

From David Alves <davidral...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: in clause issue
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 23:35:08 GMT
Hi Nick

  Thats because you compiled impala in debug mode, not release, which
includes a lot more stuff to help with debug.
  Maybe that's actually ok, since you're running into trouble elsewhere,
but get any reasonable performance you'd have to compile in release more
(bin/make_release.sh iirc).

Best
David

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Nick Wolf <nickwolf7@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice. Thanks David. I will test it out but the size difference looks
> suspicious to me .
>
> Working Environment:
> /usr/lib/impala/sbin/impalad  22MB
>
> Compiled from Source:
> /be/build/debug/service/impalad  211MB
>

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 2:46 PM, David Alves <davidralves@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nick
>>
>>   The backend generates a bunch of .a files that get statically linked
>> into an executable (impalad).
>>   Thats the file that you should look for and replace.
>>
>> Best
>> David
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Nick Wolf <nickwolf7@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks David. I got it solved. When i compiled the backend it has
>>> generated a file called "libExec.a". Do you know how to deploy this in a
>>> working environment? I tried to look for this file in list of installed
>>> files from parcels but i couldn't find.

I've