karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofre ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Programatically (Camel) Blueprint
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2020 14:34:44 GMT
Hi,

I don’t talk about a full Camel DSL, but more from creating the RouteBuilder from your canonical
format.

I did that for some customers.

For instance, their routes were describe with a file like deploy/my.route containing:

route.source=key
route.phaseIn=…
route.phaseOut=…
route.target=…

The use case was kind of API Gateway. I created a artifact installer and I created the RouteBuilder
"on the fly" based on this description.

Regards
JB

> Le 15 juin 2020 à 16:24, Matthias Leinweber <m.leinweber@datatactics.de> a écrit
:

> Hi,
>
> i'm still (again) on this topic. Maybe you misunderstood that i plan to configure camelcontext
during runtime from a central configuration and or user interface.
> With your own RouteBuilder you mean creating my own dsl and somehow extending org.apache.camel.builder.RouteBuilder?
> Is this not a bit too much effort and for what reason the camel dsl/blueprints exists?
> I think I will basically do the same like Artifact transformer does and create and install
a bundle. So it's a bit easier to track the bundle state instead of writing a file to the
deploy folder.

> best regards,
> Matthias
>
> Am Do., 4. Juni 2020 um 15:49 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb@nanthrax.net <mailto:jb@nanthrax.net>>:
> You can do kind of your own RouteBuilder.
>
>> Le 4 juin 2020 à 15:15, Matthias Leinweber <m.leinweber@datatactics.de <mailto:m.leinweber@datatactics.de>>
a écrit :

>> Somehow dirty, but easy. Maybe the best solution. :)
>>
>> Am Do., 4. Juni 2020 um 14:56 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb@nanthrax.net
<mailto:jb@nanthrax.net>>:
>> Why not having a service creating blueprint file in deploy folder ?
>>
>> That’s probably the easiest in your case.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>>> Le 4 juin 2020 à 14:54, Matthias Leinweber <m.leinweber@datatactics.de <mailto:m.leinweber@datatactics.de>>
a écrit :

>>> Thank you for your quick reply JB,
>>>
>>> Yeah my plan was a bit more generic. Which service or class would be a good starting
point for "bootstrapping". BlueprintContainerImpl is not so easy to understand (at least for
me).

>>> best regards
>>>
>>> Am Do., 4. Juni 2020 um 14:14 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb@nanthrax.net
<mailto:jb@nanthrax.net>>:
>>> Hi Matthias,
>>>
>>> If the "source" is a file, then, you can create an FileInstall ArtifactInstaller
service.
>>> If you want something more generic, it’s easy to create a service taking the
string and bootstrapping the blueprint.

>>> Regards
>>> JB

something with a String. After reading source of aries, camel and felix.fileinstall my only
idea is to dynamically create bundles the way felix file install is handling this problem.