karaf-user mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: Karaf-based App-Store
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2019 11:39:55 GMT
I am aware of one marketplace which is completely based on open source
stack - and it is used in .. no surprise .. openHAB. :-)

There is Eclipse Marketplace which offers some kid of listing of
resources which can be downloaded and installed in end-user environment.
The marketplace is a webservice, openhab have special client which
downloads bundles or KARs and tells karaf to install them.

Having said there is still a lot of things which are left unresolved -
such as payments and/or licensing.

Another marketplace which you might not be fully aware of is Atlassian -
their plugins are running with OSGi under the hood.

Cheers,
Łukasz