karaf-user mailing list archives

From Francois Papon <francois.pa...@openobject.fr>
Subject Re: Karaf-based App-Store
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2019 12:49:32 GMT
Hi Julian,

You can install the Cave-deployer on the Karaf instances and use the api
rest of the deployer to install features/bundles.

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org

Le 02/10/2019 à 13:43, Julian Feinauer a écrit :
> Hi Lukasz,
>
> thanks fort he response.
> In fact, I know both of those but Atlassians backend is not open source and Eclipses
Backend is based on p2, as far as I understand which is some different kind of OBR or?
> But generally, the Eclipse store covers pretty much our use case (it could / should even
be simpler, of course).

> But to bring that to karaf I could use Cave to host the bundles and then "only" send
a Command to the karaf ssh shell, or, I mean, theoretically speaking?

> Julian
>
> Am 02.10.19, 13:40 schrieb "Łukasz Dywicki" <luke@code-house.org>:
>
>     I am aware of one marketplace which is completely based on open source
>     stack - and it is used in .. no surprise .. openHAB. :-)
>
>     There is Eclipse Marketplace which offers some kid of listing of
>     resources which can be downloaded and installed in end-user environment.
>     The marketplace is a webservice, openhab have special client which
>     downloads bundles or KARs and tells karaf to install them.
>
>     Having said there is still a lot of things which are left unresolved -
>     such as payments and/or licensing.
>
>     Another marketplace which you might not be fully aware of is Atlassian -
>     their plugins are running with OSGi under the hood.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Łukasz
>

>     On 29.09.2019 16:14, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > For OpenSource/Karaf perspective, that's a bit the idea of features in
>     > combination with Cave (as server provider). I think it's already good to
>     > go when used the correct way.
>     >
>     > Regarding more "commercial/pro" AppStore like, it's not in Karaf scope
>     > directly IMHO. I know some providers about kind of "Karaf Apps"
>     > (basically a features plus some metadata).
>     >
>     > Regards
>     > JB
>     >
>     > On 27/09/2019 15:35, Julian Feinauer wrote:
>     >> Hi all,
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> after several discussions in the #karaf Channel in Slack I wanted to
>     >> bring this issue also to the list.
>     >>
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> We are currently building a Framework which is like an “App-Store” where
>     >> we provide a “Runtime” and a set of SPIs to code “Apps” against.
This Is