karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Pluggable databases in apache karaf
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2019 11:21:56 GMT
This blog post describes the way I switch between different database
systems (in my case: switch between derby and PostgreSQL) in apache
karaf:
 https://steinar.bang.priv.no/2019/10/26/pluggable-databases-for-apache-karaf-applications/

What I do, is:
 1. Create an application specific DatabaseService interface
 2. Inject the application specific DatabaseService into the business
    logic DS component
 3. Create an OSGi bundle defining a liquibase schema
 4. Create a DS component providing the DatabaseService that starts
    derby in-memory database and install the liquibase schema
 5. Create a DS component providing the DatabaseService that connects to
    PostgreSQL and install the liquibase schema
 6. Create different karaf features that
    1. load the application with the derby DS component
    2. load the application with the PostgreSQL component

More detail and examples in the blog post.