Hi Julian,

Sounds like an interesting idea which could lead to some refinements and enhancements to Karaf.

In regards to signing, if you build bundles with bndtools (either using Eclipse or just using it with Maven) it has a plugin for signing bundles and creating an exported Jar.. it seems like looking into that could be helpful.

I think Apache Sling which is OSGi based might be helpful around what you are trying to do..

That's probably the best I can suggest.  I like the way web applications are handled in OSGi and Karaf seems like it would be a great base for this sort of thing.

Is this an open source or private initiative?

Ryan