karaf-user mailing list archives

From Massimo Bono <massimobo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf Cave obr:add-url
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2019 12:25:25 GMT
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Thanks for the reply.

The first question is: do you really need OBR ? Is feature with mvn url
> not convenient for you (or even resources repositories) ?

I know there are other provisioning solutions (i.e., features) but at the
moment I want to experiment with OBR a bit. I've chosen Cave since it felt
a natural choice.

Back to your question, if you install the cave generic feature it
> installs http support. So if you create a cave repository and you
> populate (or proxy) then you can access on
> http://..../cave/repositories/good

This solve my first and part of the second question. However it still
uncertain to me if adding a custom port is still valid. For example, can I
use the following HTTP url?

http://192.168.0.42:9000/cave/repositories/good

Do I need to change some Apache Cave default configurations? (192.168.0.42
is the IP of the server apache cave is located. 9000 is just a custom port)

I also have another question:
Where should I put the OBR Http URL on the Karaf client in order for
"obr:deploy" to automatically connect to apache cave? Inside a
configuration file? If so, which one?

Thanks for the attention

--
*Ing. Massimo Bono*