karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject Re: How to make karaf-maven-plugin exclude some compile depencies when building a feature?
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2019 07:24:11 GMT

> you can blacklist or you can exclude artifacts.

Right.  I tried using blacklisting in the karaf-maven-plugin
documentation, but that didn't work as I expected it to.

I looked for something like the exclusion of artifacts in the
karaf-maven-plugin documentation, but as I said in the reply to Ryan,
couldn't find it.

(If you're thinking of exclusion in the dependencies, that wasn't easy
to do because of dependency inheritance and use profiles and the
dependencies were used to include the problem packages into the jar
(maybe... it was hard to tell))

> You can also use a different scope than compile,

Yes, but I didn't want to mess with their dependencies (especially since
the maven config was so complicated).

> or use a features.xml "template".

Yep, I already do that.  But all non-transitive compile scope
dependencies are pulled in.

Thanks for your help!

The PR is here if anyone would like to take a look at it:
 https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/1554

For now I let the two wrap'ed jar files stay.  I have tested replacing
my own hand-written PostgreSQL karaf feature[1] with he piggy backed
feature, and the feature created by the pull request works fine.