karaf-user mailing list archives

From Steinar Bang ...@dod.no>
Subject What's the lifecycle of a bundle in a feature vs a bundle loaded directly by a feature? (Was: "No suitable driver found" after postgresql driver bundle reload)
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2019 05:23:03 GMT

> (I can think of one possible workaround: create a karaf feature that
> loads the PostgreSQL driver and its dependencies, and load this directly
> before loading any other features.  Then maybe PostgreSQL won't reload
> and this problem won't occur)

Here's a followup question: What's the lifecycle of a bundle in a
feature vs a bundle loaded directly by a feature?

What I mean, is: if I create a feature for the postgresql JDBC driver,
and then require that feature, will the driver be just loaded and
started once?

Or will the PostgreSQL JDBC driver bundle be restarted once for every
feature loading it, like it is today?

Thanks!

- Steinar