karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Aries JAX-RS Whiteboard
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2018 16:48:25 GMT
Hi Tim,

the missing package is org.osgi.service.jaxrs.client (required by Aries
JAXRS Whiteboard bundle) which seems to be only in Compendium R7 (not R6).

Regards
JB

On 22/11/2018 17:10, Tim Ward wrote:
>> that won't work out of the box as Karaf 4.2.x is still R6.
>
> Aries JAX-RS Whiteboard runs quite happily on R6. Obviously the DS component property
annotations would create a DS 1.4 requirement, but the DS reference implementation also runs
on R6. Even if you aren’t able to use DS 1.4, it’s still pretty easy to set the properties
using the DS 1.3 annotation syntax. I’m therefore really not sure why this would be a problem.

>> In the mean time, I'm creating a very simply rest whiteboard pattern for
>> CXF.
>> It doesn't use all the JAXRS whiteboard spec, but just works fine for
>> most of the use cases.
>
> Why would you duplicate this effort when there’s a spec which is so easy to use? By
all means create an alternative implementation, but yet another whiteboard…

> Tim
>
>> On 22 Nov 2018, at 16:03, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> that won't work out of the box as Karaf 4.2.x is still R6.
>>
>> It will work with Karaf 4.3.x that will be R7.
>>
>> In the mean time, I'm creating a very simply rest whiteboard pattern for
>> CXF.
>> It doesn't use all the JAXRS whiteboard spec, but just works fine for
>> most of the use cases.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB

Whiteboard API, OSGi Promises + function, the Aries wrapping of the JAX-RS API and the Aries
JAX-RS Whiteboard implementation should be enough. This is by far preferable to using CXF
directly, where you don’t have proper resource isolation, nor do you have a nice way to
apply extensions (e.g. JSON support, CORS headers, etc).

>>> So I've added those bundles (promise, function and the aries jaxrs spec bundle
for the JavaJAXRS capability), the problem I now have is that it's missing the JavaAnnotation
capability, version 1.3.0.
>>> I suspect I have something providing an earlier version of that, but at the moment
my OSGi fu hasn't yielded the answer yet.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org