karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Startup timing Windows vs. Mac
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:57:02 GMT
Yes, first, please try with the antivirus disabled.

Regards
JB

On 20/11/2018 16:26, Oleg Cohen wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> Yes, it is Windows. It is exactly the same set of bundles and the same Maven repository.
Yes, there is Antivirus. I can try testing with disabling it temporarily.

> How can I see what is being resolved/checked/updated/downloaded? I do notice that Karaf
has these long pauses. I am sure I can run pretty much against the local repo.

> I would appreciate any pointers on how to speed up the startup!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg
>
>> On Nov 20, 2018, at 12:12 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Oleg,
>>
>> So Windows is longer than Mac (not surprising ;)).
>>
>> Did you check in term of bundles resolution ? Do the two systems use the
>> same Maven repository and network to resolve the artifacts.
>>
>> I already saw such issue due to the Windows antivirus: it verified any
>> artifacts downloaded by Karaf and it takes time.
>>
>> Do you have antivirus on the Windows system ?
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 19/11/2018 21:12, Oleg Cohen wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> I have two systems: one Mac and one Windows. I have noticed that exactly the
same application with a number of bundles, both 3rd party and my own, take significantly longer
(1.5 vs 6 mins) on Windows compared to Mac. Both systems are pretty powerful and have similar
resources. I was wondering if anybody has noticed the same. What would be the best way to
analyze the startup performance and identify bottlenecks?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org