karaf-user mailing list archives

From "Leschke, Scott" <SLesc...@medline.com>
Subject RE: Encrypting property values in .cfg files
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 22:50:55 GMT
Thanks for the response.

So just to be clear, I’m correct in thinking that it should work?

From: Johan Edstrom [mailto:seijoed@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2018 4:47 PM
To: user@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Encrypting property values in .cfg files

I think I have that in a Jira someplace, otherwise
I have basic code for it against an older karaf
Sent from my pressure cooker.

On Nov 5, 2018, at 15:25, Leschke, Scott <SLeschke@medline.com<mailto:SLeschke@medline.com>>
wrote:
I’m looking to encrypt passwords the are currently in plaintext in a few of my .cfg files.
 I’ve looked at how to do that and it seemed reasonably straightforward although I’ve
had some difficulty getting it working.  I’m wondering if there’s anything that prevents
me from just supplying a service myself that implements the org.jasypt.encryption.StringEncryptor
interface rather than using the Karaf jasypt-encryption service.

I’ve tried it but that doesn’t seem to want to work either so I’m wondering if there’s
a reason it doesn’t.

Scott