karaf-user mailing list archives

From "Leschke, Scott" <SLesc...@medline.com>
Subject Encrypting property values in .cfg files
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 22:25:11 GMT
I'm looking to encrypt passwords the are currently in plaintext in a few of my .cfg files.
 I've looked at how to do that and it seemed reasonably straightforward although I've had
some difficulty getting it working.  I'm wondering if there's anything that prevents me from
just supplying a service myself that implements the org.jasypt.encryption.StringEncryptor
interface rather than using the Karaf jasypt-encryption service.

I've tried it but that doesn't seem to want to work either so I'm wondering if there's a reason
it doesn't.

Scott