karaf-user mailing list archives

From Erwin Hogeweg <erwin.hoge...@me.com>
Subject Re: Troubles upgrading to Karaf-4.2.1/DOSGi-2.3.0
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2018 21:39:34 GMT
Hi Christian, Thanks for your reply.

I believe I just found the issue. I ran into this line of code in the DecorationParser:

	return ns.equals("http://cxf.apache.org/xmlns/service-decoration/1.0.0”);

My namespace says:

	http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/rsa/v1.0.0 <http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/rsa/v1.0.0>

So that is not going to work. Looks like the format of the remote-services file changed somewhere
between 1.7.0 and 2.3.0.

Cheers,

Erwin

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 15:26, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>
> Remote service xml should still work. See https://github.com/apache/aries-rsa/blob/master/discovery/local/Readme.md
<https://github.com/apache/aries-rsa/blob/master/discovery/local/Readme.md> .

> Do you have some sample code in git to look at? Some snippets might also help.
> One other thing you could try is to install the zookeeper discovery just to see if it
would work.

> You can also try to see if your endpoints are visible by using the rsa:endpoints command.
>
> Christian
>
> Am So., 4. Nov. 2018 um 18:35 Uhr schrieb Erwin Hogeweg <erwin.hogeweg@me.com <mailto:erwin.hogeweg@me.com>>:
> Hi,
>
> We are upgrading a ‘plain’ OSGi app to Karaf-4.2.x. That went well until we got stuck
on the DOSGi part. In the existing app we use CXF-3.1.1 and DOSGi-1.7.0, with remote-services.xml
file.

> We tried about everything but the proxy service is never created. We also checked out
the DOSGi samples, but they use the zookeeper. Is DOSGi-2.3.0 still supposed to work with
the remote-service.xml file?

> In a desperate dash to make this work I installed about every CXF feature that seemed
to make sense (below) but to no avail.

> I am sure it is something obvious, but it hasn’t dawned on us yet. Any suggestions
or pointer do documentation would be greatly appreciated.

> Cheers,
>
> Erwin
>

> karaf@root()> feature:list | grep -i cxf
> cxf-specs                            │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-jaxb                             │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-abdera                           │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> wss4j                                │ 2.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-core                             │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-commands                         │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-wsdl                             │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-ws-policy                        │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-ws-addr                          │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-ws-rm                            │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-ws-mex                           │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-ws-security                      │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-rt-security                      │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-rt-security-saml                 │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-http-client                      │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-http                             │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-http-provider                    │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-http-jetty                       │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-http-async                       │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-http-netty-client                │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-http-netty-server                │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-http-undertow                    │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-bindings-soap                    │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-jaxws                            │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-jaxrs                            │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-rs-security-xml                  │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-rs-security-sso-saml             │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-rs-security-cors                 │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-rs-security-oauth                │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-rs-security-jose                 │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-rs-security-oauth2               │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-jackson                          │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-jsr-json                         │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-tracing-brave                    │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-rs-description-swagger2          │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-databinding-aegis                │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-databinding-jaxb                 │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-features-clustering              │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-features-logging                 │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-features-throttling              │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-features-metrics                 │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-bindings-corba                   │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-bindings-coloc                   │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-transports-local                 │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-transports-jms                   │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-transports-udp                   │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-transports-websocket-client      │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-transports-websocket-server      │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-javascript                       │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-frontend-javascript              │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-xjc-runtime                      │ 3.2.0            │          │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-tools                            │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf                                  │ 3.2.0            │ x        │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-sts                              │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-wsn-api                          │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-wsn                              │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-ws-discovery-api                 │ 3.2.0            │ x        │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-ws-discovery                     │ 3.2.0            │ x        │ Started
  │ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-bean-validation-core             │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-bean-validation                  │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-jaxrs-cdi                        │ 3.2.0            │          │ Uninstalled
│ cxf-3.2.0                         │
> cxf-dosgi-common                     │ 2.3.0            │ x        │ Started
  │ cxf-dosgi-2.3.0                   │
> cxf-dosgi-provider-ws                │ 2.3.0            │ x        │ Started
  │ cxf-dosgi-2.3.0                   │