karaf-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Aries
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2018 20:07:47 GMT
I’m somewhat curious how you decided on this karaf list for a Dev request for Aries.
I’m more curious how a feature subsystem would help deploying an aries osgi service implementation.
I haven’t looked for several years at how Aries sub projects divide up their artifact functionality,
but I’d hope that all the spec functionality, and api, would be from a single bundle, with,
possibly additional bundles for extensions.  If this is how a project is structured, how does
a feature subsystem make deployment easier? If not, would it make more sense to adopt such
a structure than to imitate it with a feature subsystem?
Thanks
David Jencks
Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Leschke, Scott <SLeschke@medline.com> wrote:
>
> I was wondering if there is a possibility that the Aries project would provide OSGi Feature
Subsystems for each of the OSGi services they’ve implemented (with the exception of the
subsystem spec of course).  There is a Karaf Feature for installing the Subsystem service
so it would be nice if the remaining services were available as Feature Subsystems (or Karaf
Features I guess but the former seems like a more neutral solution).