karaf-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Cohen <oleg.co...@assurebridge.com>
Subject Re: Startup timing Windows vs. Mac
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:26:29 GMT
Hi JB,

Yes, it is Windows. It is exactly the same set of bundles and the same Maven repository. Yes,
there is Antivirus. I can try testing with disabling it temporarily.

How can I see what is being resolved/checked/updated/downloaded? I do notice that Karaf has
these long pauses. I am sure I can run pretty much against the local repo.

I would appreciate any pointers on how to speed up the startup!

Best regards,
Oleg

> On Nov 20, 2018, at 12:12 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Oleg,
>
> So Windows is longer than Mac (not surprising ;)).
>
> Did you check in term of bundles resolution ? Do the two systems use the
> same Maven repository and network to resolve the artifacts.
>
> I already saw such issue due to the Windows antivirus: it verified any
> artifacts downloaded by Karaf and it takes time.
>
> Do you have antivirus on the Windows system ?
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 19/11/2018 21:12, Oleg Cohen wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I have two systems: one Mac and one Windows. I have noticed that exactly the same
application with a number of bundles, both 3rd party and my own, take significantly longer
(1.5 vs 6 mins) on Windows compared to Mac. Both systems are pretty powerful and have similar
resources. I was wondering if anybody has noticed the same. What would be the best way to
analyze the startup performance and identify bottlenecks?