karaf-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup timing Windows vs. Mac
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2018 16:56:39 GMT
A possible reason could be lots of DS services with greedy optional static dependencies started
in different orders on the two OSs. If a service with such a reference is started first, it
will get restarted every time a target service for the reference is started.

David Jencks

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 21, 2018, at 6:59 AM, Leschke, Scott <SLeschke@medline.com> wrote:
>
> It still begs the question as to why you saw such a difference in times between Windows
and Mac.

by a large number of services in the component. I don’t know exactly the reason, but how
the OSGi container processes the bundle on startup was much slower on Windows because I had
a large number of services. I reworked my architecture to reduce the number of service components
and the startup time went down quite a bit.