karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Aries JAX-RS Whiteboard
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2018 16:19:18 GMT
Exactly, I have the same feeling: most of the time, we just want to
register a pretty simple JAXRS service as we do with blueprint:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/master/examples/karaf-rest-example/karaf-rest-example-provider

However, today, using CXF (which works fine), we need to use blueprint
just register the JAXRS server:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/examples/karaf-rest-example/karaf-rest-example-provider/src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/blueprint/rest.xml

So the idea is to leverage the service properties to define the CXF
JAXRS server (address, providers, ...) and then we won't need the
blueprint dependency.

For Aries JAXRS, AFAIR, the problem was in the provided features XML.

Regards
JB

On 22/11/2018 17:14, tom@quarendon.net wrote:
>> that won't work out of the box as Karaf 4.2.x is still R6.
>>
>> It will work with Karaf 4.3.x that will be R7.
>>
>> In the mean time, I'm creating a very simply rest whiteboard pattern for
>> CXF.
>> It doesn't use all the JAXRS whiteboard spec, but just works fine for
>> most of the use cases.
>
> OK, thanks. That's appreciated.
> We're only doing simple things, registering resources and extensions (message body writer,
request/response filters etc), but we only have one application. It's what I would have thought
was pretty normal stuff to be honest.
> We do use SSE (server sent events) implementation from jersey at the moment, and also
multipart, but it looks like CXF supports those, so I'm sure that'll be possible ;-)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org