karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Aries JAX-RS Whiteboard
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2018 03:57:49 GMT
Hi Tim,

does the enRoute examples work in Karaf ? (as we are on the Karaf
mailing list ;))

Regards
JB

On 22/11/2018 20:53, Tim Ward wrote:
> There are some fairly simple examples available in the enRoute project. In general things
should work as you expect, as long as you use the JAX-RS API, not the Jersey API :)

> The SSE from JAX-RS 2.1 definitely works (client and server side) with the Aries implementation,
so hopefully that will give you everything that you need.

> Tim
>
>> On 22 Nov 2018, at 18:07, tom@quarendon.net wrote:
>>
>>> Honestly, it sounds like you’re about 30 minutes away from having the Aries
JAX-RS Whiteboard working...

>> OK, Understand your reference to servicemix annotation earlier.
>> I had to pick up the org.apache.felix.http.servlet-api-1.1.2.jar to get the JavaServlet
contract version 3.1.

>> I've now got karaf starting cleanly, and it's obviously doing *something*. I suspect
if I created a simple example it would be working, but obviously I was naive and greedy and
went straight for converting my entire app. I mean, what could go wrong?

>> I say it's doing something, in that I can request an api and I get an error such
as:
>>    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.glassfish.jersey.internal.RuntimeDelegateImpl
not found by javax.ws.rs-api

>> but the important thing is that what's in the stack trace is my resource class. So
it's registered the endpoint and routed it correctly, it's just I've got some references to
jersey. I'll have to clean all that out and it'll probably be more successful.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org